This bread has almost as much pumpkin as oat flour which gives it some serious pumpkin flavor. I love using pumpkin puree in as many recipes as possible this time of year! It is boldly featured in this bread, and makes a great addition to your morning breakfast/snack routine. Loaded with oats, pumpkin, flax seeds, and almond milk, this is as much as a nutritious choice as a delicious one!
This bread has been my go-to recipe to bring with me when I travel. I love traveling with delicious, healthy muffins or breads that I can share with everyone while ensuring that I will have a solid breakfast every morning My favorite way to enjoy this bread is fresh out of the oven with a smear of coconut oil and some pumpkin seeds or toasted with almond butter. I know I say basically everything I bake is good with almond butter, but it’s true! Also, do yourself a favor and make yourself a cup of coffee or tea while eating this. Or hot chocolate. Because chocolate goes with everything as well!
As we get closer to the holidays, I’m going to start gearing up to give you a variety of delicious recipes that you can include in your feast!
Oatmeal Pumpkin Spice Bread
dairy free, gluten free, vegan
2 cups oat four
1 Tbsp + 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 2/3 cups canned pumpkin
3 Tbsp ground flax seeds
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp lemon zest
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1. Preheat the oven to 425 F. Grease a bread pan and set aside.
2. Whisk together dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, whisk together pumpkin, flax seeds, and maple syrup. Add vanilla, lemon zest, and almond milk.
3. Slowly add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. When combined, stir in apple cider vinegar. Pour in prepared pan and place in the oven.
4. Bake at 425 F for 10 minutes. Turn the heat down to 375 F and bake another 35-40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
5. Let cool for at least 20 minutes before serving.